follow me on Twitter


    whirlwind!

    It's 6:30 am, I've already been up for 2.5 hours and I'm waiting at the airport ... why? I'M GOING TO VEGAS!

    Here's the story. Last year I heard about this big photography conference in vegas called WPPI. we're talking BIG, like the biggest there probably is. I thought.. hmm that would be fun, maybe one day. A few months ago I noticed the announcement for this year and thought it would be great to go but didn't think it would be possible this year because of $$, time, etc.

    Jump forward to last month. My friend Amy was in town and we ended up talking about WPPI. She's performed there in the past and as much as she wanted to avoid it this year, it looked like she'd be back in the land of fluorescent lights. jump to last week. I realize that I have 2 buddy passes for westjet. you see, my friend Elaine works for westjet and is getting married this year and I'm her photographer and we swung a deal. :) Soon after I realized this I thought maybe Amy wouldn't mind sharing her room with me and it wasn't long before this crazy dream became a reality, which brings me back to gate 33.

    So I'll arrive in vegas later this morning (for the first time ever I might add) and will join Amy, pick of my new business cards (very long story), perhaps do al little shopping, throw a quarter in a slot machine, then we'll be off to what I think sounds like a pretty dam good party. I think the name says it all. airhorns and lasers! Tomorrow is a full day or seminars and the tradeshow before flying home. It'll be fast, but somehow that seems appropriate for vegas.

    I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories and photos to share next week but for now here's one from where I am right now. oh, and please forgive me if this isn't my most eloquent post, I was up at 4 am! :)

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Yay Shannon - so excitd that you were able to make the trip, hope it is everything you hoped for and more!!
    M.

    Daly Musings said...

    YAAAY have so much fun!!!
    Louise

    Anonymous said...

    Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get home. Hope your having a great time lady!
    Krista

    April said...

    Can't wait to hear all about it!! Give me a shout when you return & we'll get together for our loooong overdue Starbucks chat :)

    Post a Comment